Looking to improve efficiency in warehouse management, Bewley’sneeded the support of a mobile solution that enables fast order picking, accurate labeling and efficient scanning. RF-SMART, together with Honeywell, was quick to deliver precisely the solution Bewley’s needed.
- Improve efficiency in warehouse management by moving from paper-based to paperless operation
- Reduce pick errors by implementing a flexible scanning and printing solution and intuitive working procedures
- Shorten training and induction time for new employees
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through increasing operational efficiency
At the Bewley's distribution headquarters, the warehouse is neat and well organized, with people hurrying between aisles with handheld scanners, following precise directions and procedures. But just a couple of months ago things looked rather different.
“With hundreds of orders to pick and deliver every day and stacks of pick lists to work through, serving the customers well was sometimes a real challenge,” Aiden, a Bewley's team lead, confesses.
In a world where everything is connected and intelligent devices help streamline operations, Bewley’s thought that working with paper-based processes might be a thing of the past. The inefficiencies and lack of live, accurate information sparked Bewley’s need to update to a modern and mobile solution and thus they selected RF-SMART – an Oracle Platinum Partner.
RF-SMART’s dedicated hardware team recommended three Honeywell products: the CK3 handheld computers, the PM43 industrial label printers, and the 1602 pocket barcode scanners. With RF-SMART’s Oracle Validated Integration, the transactions completed on the devices seamlessly integrate with JD Edwards. Also, thanks to the intuitive interface, every worker can learn how to use the devices within hours.
“Picking errors are way down – to little or none,” Kathryn Costello, Bewley's CIO says. “Even in our busiest quarter, we’ve brought on new staff, given them a Honeywell device with RF-SMART, and they are up and running within hours. They simply follow the steps on the device. We’ve certainly seen some improvements in efficiency.”
- Improved stock rotation, higher overall warehouse efficiency, and better space utilization.
- Flexible to configure and seamless integration with Oracle JD Edwards software.
- Fewer pick errors compared to a paper-driven process.
- Both the Honeywell devices and RF-SMART workflows are intuitive and user-friendly, increasing workers’ productivity.
- Bewley’s preserves its position as a major player in the coffee and tea market thanks to the high efficiency in order delivering and outstanding client satisfaction.